The Early Childhood Center (Preschool 3k, 4k, & 5k)
The Early Childhood Center offers the first steps in formal education and growth in a child's Christianity as they venture forth from the safety of their home. While attending Our Lady of Victory School, each child evolves through the guidance of their parents and teachers. Students grow together in faith, learning, and love to become successful individuals in our school and community.
The Early Childhood Center opened in the fall of 1993, the dream of Monsignor Michael Harrold. It houses the "little people" of our school - 3K, 4K, and 5K (Kindergarten). The ECC is also home for the children who attend after school daycare.
The curriculum for all children who attend Our Lady of Victory School is based on the Diocese of Victoria Curriculum, 3K - 8th grade. The ECC curriculum is also based on research and works of Piaget, Montessori, Erickson and other child development theorist.
The 3K - 5K program prepares children for success in later learning experiences by using developmentally appropriate practices that enrich and support the basic nature of how children learn. Children participate in hands-on activities that help them develop intellectually, socially, emotionally, and spiritually.
Admission Policy and Schedule
A child must be three years of age on or before September 1 to be admitted to the Pre-K-3 program. All children must be toilet trained prior to admission into the program.
A child must be four years of age on or before September 1 to be admitted to the Pre-K-4 program.
A child must be five years of age on or before September 1 to be admitted to Kindergarten.
- The 3K program runs Monday through Friday mornings from 8:00 - 12:00.
- The 4K program runs Monday through Friday mornings from 8:00 - 12:00.
- Kindergarten is Monday through Friday 8:00 - 3:30 p.m. Daycare is available from 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. each day.
- *Mrs. Waak visits the Early Childhood classrooms to teach music 3K - 5K.*
- *Coach Morales teaches Physical Education (PE) 4K and 5K.*
- *Mrs. Gaspard teaches Spanish.*
- *5K attends Mass weekly, on Holy Days, and First Fridays.*
- *4K attends Mass after Christmas.*
- *All classrooms have teacher aides to assist the teachers and children in learning.*