In September of 1957, Our Lady of Victory Parish School opened its doors to 231 students in grades one through four. Due to a rapid growth of enrollment, a cafeteria and additional classrooms were built in 1960 and 1961. The convent and library were completed in 1963. By then, OLV had developed into an elementary school for students in Kindergarten through 8th grade.
Our Lady of Victory was accredited by the Texas Education Agency in 1969. This agency gave OLV the distinct honor of being named a "Demonstration School of Individualized Instruction" in 1974. In the fall of 1993, an Early Childhood Center opened for Pre-school, Kindergarten and Daycare. In 1998, an Art Center was added to the school. In September 2008 the U.S. Department of Education named Our Lady of Victory a National Blue Ribbon School.
Our Lady of Victory School is the first Victoria to receive the National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence distinction. Only 50 private schools in the United States receive this honor each year. Our Lady of Victory Catholic School offers a Christian environment to many students. We believe it is not enough to be a good school; a Catholic school must continue to be a school that "is different where it counts."
Our Lady of Victory School derives its financial support from two primary sources: tuition paid by families and parish subsidy from Our Lady of Victory Cathedral. Monetary gifts from generous benefactors are deeply appreciated. Our Lady of Victory School offers a Christian environment to many students. We believe it is not enough to be a good school; a Catholic school must continue to be a school that "is different where it counts."